Aglow & Arrow

Photography, Community, and Entrepreneurship

My hometown family session

I grew up in a tiny town in Oregon called Estacada. All I could dream about was when I could leave that town forever. When I go back, I feel like I never should have left. I admit, I went and had my adventures. I traveled to Europe twice and had the best time in college... away from Estacada, but I miss it. I miss the one super market, the ranger station on the right as you drive into town, and the old saw mill up on the hill. There really is no place like home, and I love when I get to go back.

Katie White, this lovely lady that I went to high school with, saw my posts on Facebook and asked me to take her family portraits. I was honored and excited that I could go back to Estacada to take them. Katie and her high school sweetheart had an adorable baby boy, and their family couldn't be any more gorgeous. I took these images with my Nikon D5100 with the 85 mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.8 lenses. We drove to her grandparents property and found a beautiful bridge for parts of the portraits.

The more I work with families, the more I get to see the quirks that make them so strong and beautiful. Families are the strongest force that keeps society whole. Documenting them has been a great hobby, but it has been an honor that people will let me in and see what love they have for one another.








No comments

Post a Comment

Back to Top