Aglow & Arrow

Photography, Community, and Entrepreneurship

My Method for keeping makeup on through the day

On my wedding I knew I would need some extra help keeping my makeup on. I read all about the best tips and even (yes this is true and happened) seemed out and asked drag queens how they keep their makeup in place all night. Their answer - good primer and hairspray. No I did not hairspray my face but I had it there in case I felt the need.

1) Instead I did find an awesome primer that I adore - Microblur by Kiehls



AND

2) Mac Prep & Prime spray to set my makeup (at this point I hadn't tried Maskcara's Setting Spray so I couldn't comment on that).



I honestly believe that the right makeup also made it work for me. I obviously adore Maskcara but there is something about the makeup that makes it stay by itself. It keeps its color and holds up with humidity (as recently tested in Hawaii).

It's also more pigmented than normal makeup so even if some rubs off, you still have a great base.

I would give one other recommendation though. If you're still really oily or worried that you're makeup won't last, after setting your makeup, let your skin dry and press some setting powder into the zones that seem like they normally rub off. This is just extra insurance.

I didn't wash my face until 12 midnight and my makeup still looked great. That's a full 12 hours. I think though, not wiping my face helped too.

It's the little things.

-xo
Casi

No comments

Post a Comment

Back to Top