Aglow & Arrow

Photography, Community, and Entrepreneurship

Illustrations, watercolor, and my micron pen

I have a weakness, and it is the crippling need to start new projects all the time.

I consistently start new designs, drawings, and paintings consistently because I am so overwhelmed with inspiration that I want to create everything that comes to mind. 

Am I the only one who feels this way? ;) 

Either way, I have a few designs that I have no idea where to take next. 

For example, I painted this wreath and I am struggling to decide what to put in the middle or how to make it feel "complete," but I'm not sure what I want to do. I like it the way it is! However, I want to frame it and make it feel like a complete piece of art. I just have been stuck for about a year and it sits in my portfolio. 




The next wreath I started a long time ago and finally finished it with micron pen. Micron 005 to be exact. I LOVE THESE PENS! I just don't want to color this in! I love it, but am having the same issue. Is it complete or is it not? 




This gorgeous illustration is something I just finished filling the pencil in with pen and I'm deciding if I want to color it in or add detail to. 


The last image is the only illustration that I finished (or at least feel like it is finished). I think the thing is, if I get my colors planned out or at least have a color reference, I feel more prepared to complete the design. I wonder if this is the process other people go through? Sometimes I feel like my perfectionism in my art is hindering me. ;) 



This illustration is one of my favorites. Obviously I love minimalism, so only having one color in the piece was great! I feel like it worked for this too. The watercolor really lends itself to creating texture all on its own. I love the medium and how unpredictable it can be. 


No comments

Post a Comment

Back to Top