Aglow & Arrow

Photography, Community, and Entrepreneurship

Cactus Watercolor and Santa Fe dreamin

A few years ago, my mom and I went on a road trip to Santa Fe. It was gorgeous, and if I hadn't met Herbie, I probably would have moved there! Don't get me wrong, I love Oregon, and love my new life with him and little man, but if they hadn't come along, I'd probably be a hippie down there. 

With summer coming around the corner, I keep thinking about how much I miss it there. The colors, the art, the food! I can't wait to take my little family there to have some fun. 

So, I was inspired to create a little painting incorporating the colors that remind me so much of that town. It definitely has been a while since I last painted!


I am always fascinated with watercolor palettes. I love the colors and I love looking at other artists palettes. I always struggled with how to use color together when I was younger. Now it seems to make more sense to me. Practice makes perfect, I suppose.




I honestly can't stop using my Copic markers. There is something about them that adds a neon vibrance to my art. I had to use my bright pink marker for the background, and then painted over it with a white wash so it wasn't as intense.





My final product! I told Herbie that a goal I have for myself is to re-open my etsy shop and start selling prints again. I make all this art, and then do nothing with it! It's time to see if I can actually put my work out there for people who want it. We shall see! 






No comments

Post a Comment

Back to Top